10 Family-friendly things to do in Brisbane this winter
Published: May 18, 2021 Last Created: May 24, 2021
If you already dug out your doona, swapped your thongs for boots and got your home ready for winter, then it’s time to put the chores to the side and start embracing the fun parts of the new season. And you don’t have to go far! From food markets, sports events to adventure activities and art festivals – Brisbane has a lot to offer this winter.
1. Put on your hiking boots and start exploring!
The winter weather conditions are perfect for hiking, as you won’t be sweating as much while trying to get to the top of that mountain you’ve been meaning to climb one day. Visit Brisbane put together a list of hikes and walking trails in and around Brisbane, ranging from easy walks to more challenging trips, so there’s something for everybody.
2. Attention sports fans
State of origin returns in June, so make sure to get your tickets before they’re sold out. For more information, visit NRL.
3. Get ready for Good Food Month
Brisbane’s Night Noodle Markets are back this July! What could be better than eating your way through delicious culinary treats while strolling through the beautiful City Botanic Gardens?
4. Meet Bluey at the Redcliffe KiteFest this September
The Redcliffe KiteFest is on in September and offers everything that’s needed for an unforgettable day with the whole family including amusement rides, food trucks, markets and a public kite flying zone for the kids. Find out more here.
5. Indulge in regional flavours at this festival in South Bank
Regional Flavours is the dream of every foodie lover. The festival focuses on multicultural cuisine made by local producers, so make sure to head to the South Bank parklands for a tasty feast this winter.
6. Visit GOMA and QPAC
7. Watch gorgeous humpback whales travel along the coast
Winter is whale watching season and Brisbanites are lucky as we’re close to the perfect whale vantage points including Moreton Bay and the Gold Coast. Pack your (waterproof) camera and hop on a cruise. It will be a day to remember.
8. Scenic Rim Eat Local Week
Festivals, farm gate events and culinary experiences is what defines the Scenic Rim Eat Local Week. Come and celebrate the food, farmers and the stunning nature of the scenic rim this June and July. For more information, visit https://www.eatlocalweek.com.au/.
9. The Festival of Queer arts and culture (MELT)
MELT is back at the Brisbane Powerhouse this May, so get ready for spectacular events, performances and provocative discussions. The shows include theatre, cabaret, music, visual arts, storytelling, forums, panels and conversations.
10. Experience a live tournament at the Abbey medieval festival
Step back in time and head to the Abbey medieval festival for some special family fun this July. The program includes arts and craft workshops such as shield painting, a knighting ceremony, music, dancing, animals and more.
- How well is your Solar System performing?
- 10 Family-friendly things to do in Brisbane this winter
- Drain issues that indicate a tree root blockage
- AC checklist for homeowners - Is your air conditioner all set for winter?
- The great perks of regular solar checks
Fallon Solutions Reviews
253 reviewsView Reviews