Fun family activities to do this Australia Day
Published: February 11, 2021 Last Created: February 22, 2021
No plans for Australia Day this year? No worries! We’ve put together a bunch of fun family-friendly activities to do this Australia Day (26th January), so you and your family can make the most of the public holiday.
1. Pack your togs, slip on your thongs and dive right into some Aussie fun at a kid-friendly pool party
- For an Aussie arvo packed with games, competitions and Aussie tunes, head to the Lawnton aquatic centre to join the free pool party - more info here on their Facebook page - Aussie Arvo. After cooling down in the pool, treat yourself to a classic Aussie sausage sizzle, fairly floss and popcorn for only $1 each.
- With free kids activities, a free BBQ and water fun without an entry fee, Jindalee pool has a lot to offer this Australia Day. Come along and don’t forget to bring sunscreen.
- How does backyard cricket, raffles, barefoot bowls, a BBQ and live music sound? Good? Then head to the Oxley Beach Party and also make sure to participate in the thong and gumboot throwing championship before the event wraps up with a firework display.
2. Food trucks, live music, fun family activities and no worries!
- Spend this year’s Australia Day at the beautiful Sutton beach in Redcliffe where you can enjoy live music, beach activities and food trucks without paying an entry fee. It ends with a bang, so don’t forget to pack camping chairs or a picnic blanket to watch the fireworks!
- The Victoria park Bistro has something to offer to visitors of all ages this Australia Day. With live music, magicians, giant games and a jumping castle, you can be sure you’re in for an afternoon full of entertainment!
3. Looking for an action-loaded day? Australia Zoo and Lone Pine have got you covered!
- Visit Australia Zoo and take part in the kangaroo hopscotch challenge, throw a koala (a plush toy) and watch the Irwin family feeding the crocs. This is an Australia Day that you won’t forget anytime soon!
- It doesn’t get much more Australian than holding a koala! Head to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and spend the day taking photos of adorable animals and enjoying exciting shows.
- Hot Water System Installation | Rheem Hot Water Systems
- Mixer Tap Installation | Burst Proof Flexible Hoses | Isolation Tap Under Sink
- Hot Water Valves | Temper Valve for Hot water | Hot water Pressure Relief valve
- Storm Water Drains in Backyard | Residential Stormwater Drainage Solutions
- Under Sink Water Filter | Water Filtration System Installation
Fallon Solutions Reviews
226 reviewsView Reviews