5 easy habits that will help you slash your power bill
Published: March 23, 2021 Last Created: March 24, 2021
Sometimes it only takes tiny consistent habits to make a big change. This is also the case when it comes to reducing your power bill and living a more environmentally-friendly lifestyle.
Here are 5 easy tips on how to reduce your energy cost.
1. Heating and cooling
- Turn your air conditioners off everytime you leave the house. This might sound like a no-brainer, but it's a task that is easily forgotten.
- If you tend to forget to shut off your air conditioning unit, then an air conditioner with WiFi compartibility might be the ideal solution for you. That way you can simply monitor and control your air conditioner via an app on your smartphone, even if you're not home.
- Another solution is a Daikin Alira air conditioner that has a handy feature that's called the intelligent eye. It can sense movement and if no one has been in the room for 20 minutes, the air conditioner automatically turns off.
2. Using your hot water system efficiently
- Set your hot water thermostat as low as possible (between 60 and 65 degrees) but ensure that the temperature doesn't drop below 60 degrees in order to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Reduce your showers to four minutes to save hot water.
- Keep your hot water system maintained to ensure it's working properly and consider upgrading your old model to a new, more energy efficient system.
3. Energy efficient lighting
- Make the switch to LED downlights.
- Remember to turn your lights off when you exit a room. Motion sensor lights are a great addition to your home as they don't require flicking a switch, so you don't run the risk of forgetting to turn your lights off.
4. Electrical appliances
- Use the economy cycle mode when running your dishwasher and ensure it's full.
- Use the microwave instead of the oven whenever possible, as microwaves use less than half the energy.
- Make it a habit to turn your electrical devices off at their main On switch or at the power point, so they're not drawing power in standby mode.
- Try to use your dryer less and hang your clothes out to dry when the weather is suitable.
5. Go solar
- Solar power is one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to generate power. So if you're looking for a reputable solar installer with years of experience that will provide a professional comprehensive solar solution tailored to your home and needs, then know that you can trust Fallon. We have different financing options available, so you can be sure that we will find the ideal payment option that will work best for you and your financial situation.
- Discover the Features of Clipsal Light Switches
- Are your smoke alarms compliant with the current Queensland legislation?
- How to protect your home from an electrical surge
- Is your switchboard due for an upgrade?
- Electrical safety - which switch does what?
Fallon Solutions Reviews
253 reviewsView Reviews