URGENT SAFETY WARNING FOR DEFECTIVE ALDI POWERPOINTS
Published: October 03, 2023 Last Updated: October 06, 2023
At Fallon Solutions we see it critical to raise awareness about electrical safety issues and other alarming issues to protect you and your loved ones from potential harm.
Aldi has issued an urgent recall notice for a specific range of double USB power points sold under the brand name 'Workzone.' The notice said the defect was related to 'weak contacts in the power point' and that 'there is a risk of serious injury or death from fire or electrocution'.
These defective power points have found their way into multiple states in Australia, including New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia, and the Australian Capital Territory.
Immediate Action Required
- If you have purchased 'Workzone' power points with Product Code 708521, it is of utmost importance that you take immediate action to protect yourself, your family, and your property. Here are the critical steps you should follow:
- Cease Using the Product: Discontinue the use of these defective power points immediately. Your safety is non-negotiable, and continued use of these products can place you at grave risk.
- Return the Product to Aldi: You can return the faulty power points to any Aldi store for a full refund. Or use a dedicated webform link to arrange for a free replacement.
- Check Model Numbers and Batch Numbers: Ensure that the power points you possess fall under the specified model numbers and batch numbers identified in the recall notice. The affected models are Model number: RPOD10U-AA and Model number: RPOD10U-AC, with batch numbers 05/2023 or 07/2023, and Product Code 708521.
- Act Promptly: The faulty products have been sold this year, from 27 May to 4 August. If you possess these power points, act promptly to eliminate the potential dangers they pose.
At Fallon Solutions, we are here to assist you with any electrical concerns or questions you may have. Electrical safety is a shared responsibility, and we take our role in protecting you and your loved ones seriously.
Please note: Installing your own power points is not only illegal but can also be extremely dangerous. Always consult with a licensed electrician to ensure that your electrical work is done safely and correctly.
For more information regarding the recall from Product Safety Australia ACCC: ALDI Stores (A Limited Partnership) — DOUBLE USB POWERPOINT | Product Safety Australia
- Don’t let the Roast of Christmas Past clog your drains
- It feels crazy to say, but Christmas is right around the corner!
- Consumers urged to immediately check for recalled LG solar batteries after Government safety warning notice
- The Ins and Outs of Electric Car Charger Installation
- Why becoming a tradie might be a better option than uni