Water Efficiency Certificate QLD
We can assist with your Water Compliance Certificate QLD.
When you're preparing to rent out your premises, as the Landlord, there are numerous factors to consider; one important point is to ensure you're able to pass on the full cost of water consumption to your tenant. The simplest way to be able to do this is to contact a plumber and attain a Water Efficiency Certificate, QLD. The Master Plumbers Association of QLD has developed a specific Water Efficiency Certificate QLD and it's the responsibility of the Landlord or Real Estate Agent to contact a plumber, requesting a water compliance certificate QLD be issued for the rental property.
Water Efficiency Enquiry
What are the minimum requirements for water charging?
Landlords are able to pass on the full water consumption charges, including bulk water delivery, providing the following criteria are met:
- the rental property is individually metered,
- the rental property is certified, water efficient and
- the tenancy agreement states that the tenant must pay the water consumption costs.
Water charges for tenants QLD
Fallon Solutions can update your propertyâ€™s plumbing and complete a Water Efficiency Certificate, QLD to ensure you can set the water charges for tenants, QLD. We can assist by taking some simple steps to achieve your water compliance certificate, QLD, such as:
- upgrading tapware and outlets or
- installing flow restricting aerators or
- installing flow restrictor fittings behind the spouts or
- installing flow restrictors in the tap.
What does a Water Compliance Certificate QLD cover?
The Queensland Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Regulations 2009, state that the following key conditions are met to attain a Water Efficiency Certificate, QLD:
- The rental premises must be individually metered or bulk water be delivered by a vehicle.
- All internal cold water taps, except those serving a bath, are to deliver a maximum of 9 litres of water, per minute.
- Shower heads are to have a maximum flow rate of 9 litres per minute.
- Toilets are to be dual flush, with the maximum flush volume of the full flush to be 6.5 litres, and the maximum for the half flush being 3.5 litres and a maximum average flush volume of 4 litres (based on the average of 1 full flush and 4 half flushes).
Important note for water charges for tenants QLD
As the Landlord, you will still receive the water bill and pay the full amount then provide your tenants with a copy of any water bills or evidence of water consumption to verify the amount to be charged. Tenants will not be billed directly by water supply authorities.
"Please thank all your staff for a professional job completed on time in extremely bad weather conditions. Shane was very patient and polite in the way he worked with the tenants, this was one of my main concerns."
Steve from Bargain Box Fabrics, Capalaba
Looking for a Water Efficiency Certificate, QLD?
Fallon Solutions master plumbers can update your rental property plumbing and issue a water compliance certificate, QLD. Call today on 1300 054 488 or complete our Plumbing Enquiry form and one of our team will contact you.
For more in depth plumbing information visit our Plumbing Information page