We can supply, install and test your emergency lights.
In order to provide safe emergency exit and evacuation lighting to your building, Fallon Solutions recommend that you have emergency lighting installed and tested regularly. Although rarely used, exit and emergency lighting provide critical illumination of hallways and staircases in times of crisis, it is essential that the emergency lights are operating correctly when needed. If any repairs or troubleshooting are necessary after testing our team of master electricians will carry out essential services to ensure that the system is functioning to capacity.
Emergency Lighting Enquiry
What is emergency lighting?
Emergency lighting is a battery-backed lighting system which is designed to come on automatically when a building experiences a power failure or outage.
Emergency lights are standard in all new commercial and high occupancy residential buildings and most building codes now require that they are installed in older buildings too. Emergency lighting systems are hardwired into a building's AC power system and use AC power to keep their battery backup systems constantly charged and ready for operation in emergency mode.
Emergency lighting is a general term and can be broken down into the following:
- Exit lights are installed to illuminate the exit pathway of a building in an emergency situation where there is a loss of power. During an emergency, if normal lighting systems cease to operate, the emergency lighting system turns on and exit lights indicate the nearest way out. Exit lights are part of the fire safety provision of a building.
- Standby lights are a part of the lighting system that comes on automatically and will allow for activities to continue, uninterrupted.
Fallon Solutions are your local lighting specialists .
The above systems are standard requirements in the following locations:
- nursing homes,
- schools and colleges,
- licensed premises,
- cinemas and theatres,
- retail and wholesale shops and
- multi-storey, residential dwellings.
Types of emergency lighting
Maintained or non-maintained is the principle point of consideration and is usually determined by the use of the premises in which itâ€™s installed.
- Maintained emergency lighting: is where the emergency lighting lamps are on all the time.
- Non-maintained emergency lights: the emergency lighting only comes on when the power supply to the normal lighting fails. Non-maintained is usually installed in a workplace or office where lighting is normally used only whilst the premises are occupied.
- Combined emergency lighting: a system that contains two or more lamps, at least one of which is charged from the emergency lighting supply and the other from the normal lighting supply. A combined emergency system can be either maintained or non-maintained.
Emergency lighting testing
Fallon Solutions Master Electricians are licenced to install and provide emergency lighting testing to conform to Australian standards AS/NZS 2293.2. The standards require regular periodical 6 monthly testing, including:
- Visual checks of all emergency and exit lights for mains operation.
- Check for operation of maintained exit lights and replace faulty lamps where required.
- Where a manual discharge test facility is present, operate the test switch or circuit breaker to simulate a power failure.
- The emergency lighting system shall remain illuminated for not less than 90 minutes.
- Restore the emergency and exit lights to normal charging condition.
- Check operation of all maintained exit lights and all charge indicators.
- Report any failures and record data in onsite manuals.
- Record data in electronic format for OH&S auditing processes.
LED emergency lights
LED emergency lights provide a long lasting lighting option as well as being very energy efficient. Pierlite is a leader in the manufacture of a comprehensive range of interior and exterior commercial and industrial emergency lighting products. Fallon Solutions use and recommend Pierlite products.
Fallon Solutions' team of qualified Master electricians are experienced in supplying, installing and testing emergency lights and can recommend the best solution for your premises. Call today on 1300 054 488 or complete our online booking request form. Our administration team can schedule in regular emergency lighting testing to ensure your building complies with any relevant legislation.
Your local emergency lighting specialists
Fallon Solutions employs a team of fully qualified, licensed Master Electricians who can assist with all your emergency lighting needs. With a fleet of over 60 service vehicles, we can have someone at your door today to supply, install or test your emergency lights. Whilst we are based in Brisbane, we service the whole region including:
- Ipswich and all suburbs in between,
- Caboolture and all suburbs in between,
- Bayside and south to Beenleigh, and all suburbs in between
- all areas of the Gold Coast
For more in depth electrical information visit our Electrical Information page