Energy Efficient Lighting Solutions
We can help with all your eco lighting needs
Our team of fully qualified, experienced Master Electricians who can assist with all your energy efficient lighting requirements from design to installation and upgrades. Fallon Solutions can have a tradesman at your door within 24 hours to look at your eco lighting systems.
Fallon Solutions Electrical have all your energy saving lighting solutions covered.
Energy Efficient Lighting Enquiry
Efficient lighting systems
In recent years, energy use for household lighting in Australia has increased dramatically. This is due to the construction of larger homes, requiring more light fittings. Electric lighting burns up to 25% of the average home energy budget. Light Emitting Diodes (LED) and Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL) are the more energy efficient lighting systems.
Efficient lighting options
CFL’s are basically miniature versions of the full-sized fluorescents. They simply screw into standard lamp sockets and give off a light that looks similar to incandescent bulbs.
LED’s are a small, very efficient lighting, in solid bulbs. The new LED bulbs are grouped in clusters, up to 180, with diffuser lenses, allowing for a much broader range of applications throughout the home and office. The technology in this energy saving lighting is advancing rapidly. Initially, LED’s were more expensive than CFL’s, but LED’s last much longer and the price is decreasing each year, as technology improves.
LED downlights - more than just a money saver
Why you should consider swapping over your halogen downlights to LED. Joel will answer a few questions on the benefits of LED lighting.
Energy efficient lighting Australia
A significant feature of LED’s is that the light is directional, this is an advantage with recessed lighting and under cabinet lighting. Below are more benefits of using low energy lighting with LED’s throughout your business and home lighting:
- Long lasting - LED bulbs last up to ten times longer than compact fluorescents, and much longer again than incandescents. Small LED flashlight bulbs will extend battery life by up to 15 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
- Durable - LEDs do not have a filament, so they are not easily damaged, and, because they are solid, the bulbs survive jarring and bumping.
- Cool - these bulbs do not cause heat build-up; LEDs produce 3.4 BTU's/hour, compared to 85 for incandescent bulbs. Common incandescent bulbs get hot and contribute to the heat build-up in a room. LEDs remain cool, thereby helping to reduce air conditioning costs in the home; a true form of environmental lighting.
- Mercury-free - no mercury is used in the manufacturing of LEDs.
- Energy efficient lighting - LED light bulbs use only 2-17 watts of electricity. LED bulbs used in fixtures inside the home save electricity, remain cool and save money on replacement costs since these bulbs last so long. Suitable for industrial lighting.
- Cost effective - although LEDs are initially more expensive, the cost is recouped over time. The cost of new LED bulbs has gone down considerably in the last few years and is continuing to go down.
Need help with your eco lighting?
For more in depth electrical information visit our Electrical Information page