Electrical Safety Office Plumbing Business Audits
Published: September 03, 2019
A recent bulletin from WorkSafe QLD stated that electrical safety inspectors from the Electrical Safety Office would be auditing plumbers who perform electrical work as part of their services.
The ESO audit process is carried out to ensure that all electrical contractors , including plumbers carrying out electrical work under their Queensland Building and Construction Commission trade contractor licence, are:
- correctly licenced
- carrying out work safely
- testing all work they carry out to make sure it is safe
Audits will also review processes and requirements including:
- requirements for energised electrical work
- lock out procedures
- work documentation
- record keeping
WorkSafe QLD states that failure to meet the required electrical safety standards and procedures can result in statutory notices being issued.
To identify commonly occurring problems the results of the audit process are shared with industry bodies such as the Master Plumbers Association of Queensland.
Read the full article - worksafe.qld.gov.au
The electrical safety obligations for plumbers carrying out hot water system electrical work include:
- Hot Water System Installation | Rheem Hot Water Systems
- Mixer Tap Installation | Burst Proof Flexible Hoses | Isolation Tap Under Sink
- Hot Water Valves | Temper Valve for Hot water | Hot water Pressure Relief valve
- Storm Water Drains in Backyard | Residential Stormwater Drainage Solutions
- Under Sink Water Filter | Water Filtration System Installation
Fallon Solutions Reviews
226 reviewsView Reviews